Friday, 19th of January, 2018
Web Hosting Terms and Conditions
- Service Levels
- We shall make every effort to ensure all servers and related services are available 100% of the time, but because
all services are provided by means of computer and telecommunications systems, we make no guarantee that any service will
be uninterrupted or error-free. We shall not be held liable for any loss or damages caused by interruptions of service,
downtime of the server or removal of any service.
- We carry out data backups purely for use in the event of systems failure. We do not provide data restoration facilities
for individual accounts. Even though every effort is made to ensure data is backed up correctly we accept no responsibility
for data loss or corruption. It is recommended that you keep an independent backup of all data stored in your web space.
- Data Transfer
- Web hosting accounts include a certain amount of data transfer. If you exceed this amount in any one month your
account will be deactivated for the remainder of the month, or until you have upgraded to an account that has more data
- On account termination all data held in your account will be deleted.
- We reserve the right to cancel your account at any time without notice.
- You are responsible for the content of your pages, including obtaining the legal permission for any works they
include and ensuring that the contents of your pages do not violate UK law.
- You will be held responsible for and accept responsibility for any defamatory, confidential, secret or other
proprietary material you make available via your page(s).
- You agree to indemnify and hold AFS Computing and its employees and agents harmless from any and all demands,
liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against
us arising out of any breach by you of the terms of this agreement or other liabilities arising out of or relating to your
website. This includes, but is not limited to:
- any injury to person or properties caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with our
services or property;
- any material supplied by you infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- copyright infringement;
- defective products sold to customers from our servers; or
- loss of customer business as a result of any service provided by us.
- Limitation of Liability
- Our entire liability to you in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this agreement, whether or not arising
out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the services in respect of which the breach has arisen.
- In no event shall we be held liable for any loss of business, loss of opportunity or loss of profits or for any other
indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever. This shall apply even where such a loss was reasonably foreseeable or
where we have been made aware of the possibility of such a loss.
Web Hosting Acceptable Use Policy
- Your account, and all related services, may only be used for lawful purposes. You may not use your account to publish or
display any content that breaches any law, statute or regulation. In particular, you must not:
- use your account to participate in any form of unsolicited bulk emailing or "spam". Any customer who abuses this
facility will have their account terminated and will be billed £750+VAT;
- send email or any type of electronic message with the intention of affecting the performance of any computer
- use your account to publish or distribute any defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- use your account to publish or distribute any material or information which infringes any intellectual property rights,
for example, licensed software distributed as Warez or illegal MP3s;
- threaten, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- use your account to engage in any illegal or unlawful activities;
- use your account to publish or distribute any files which are known to contain a virus, worm or trojan;
- obtain or attempt to obtain access, through whatever means, to areas of our network which are identified as restricted
or confidential; or
- operate or attempt to operate IRC bots or other permanent server processes.
- You have full responsibility for the content of your website. For the avoidance of doubt, we are not obliged to monitor,
and will have no liability for, the content of any communications transmitted via your account.
- We reserve the right to remove any material deemed inappropriate from your webpages, without prior notice.
- If you fail to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy outlined above we shall be entitled to withdraw your services and
terminate your account without notice.